It's unfortunate to say, but many homeowners do not realize just how easy mold can invade their home. Mold and mildew can be commonly found both inside and outside of a home and can easily affect some people much more than others. Mold is typically easy to come across due to its smell and can also be found in a variety of colors that range from black and gray to orange and green. In order to help you prevent mold, Able Restoration has put together 7 very simple tips to assist you with your mold remediation efforts.
Tips for Household Mold Prevention
1. Find and pull aside any materials, objects, or furniture that have become soaked from water. These items should be dried as quickly as possibly since it only takes about two days for mold to grow. Any wet items should be placed in a well-ventilated area so that they can quickly air dry.
2. Any and all surfaces should be thoroughly cleaned, dry and disinfected. Give added attention to areas around sinks, showers, floors, etc€¦
3. Be sure to utilize an exhaust fan during and after showers to help minimize moisture levels. It also helps to keep a window open during and after showers to keep the area ventilated. Bathrooms that are left steamy can lead to mold.
4. Inspect your home for any signs of plumbing leaks. Old or damaged pipes should be replaced or repaired in order to prevent major leaks and damage.
5. Any clothing or towels should never be left damp for an extend period of time. Always be sure they have been thoroughly dried in a dryer or by line dry. They should be stored in an area that is clean and dry.
6. Air flow in your home should try to be kept at a constant. Try to keep all of your furniture at least a few inches away from walls and occasionally open closets to allow air to move freely. This will help to reduce the chances of mold growing. Areas that don't see much light should be kept well ventilated.
7. Make sure your walls have been properly insulated. It's also a good idea to install storm or thermal pane windows to minimize and even prevent condensation.
Able Restoration has been in business for over 40 years and have over 25 years of experience dealing with water damage and mold remediation. As experts in the world water and mold damage, they've gained a reputation for being able to work in a quick, efficient and meticulous manner that separates them from all the other mold remediation and water damage companies. If you need help with your home, contact Able Restoration today. They can assist you with water damage San Diego, water damage Riverside and water damage Orange County.