Anybody who is involved in online marketing and search engine optimisation (SEO) understands the significance of link building in bringing the website on top and attracting organic traffic to the site.
If you are an SEO rookie, understanding the concept of link building and the strategies involved in performing the process successfully is essential.
Natural link building has helped many search engine optimisation experts take their client's websites on top of the SERPs, keeping them ahead of their competitors.
If you master this skill, you are bound to keep your clients happy and get in more business.
Getting slower links to your website is the key to top site ranking because most search engines, especially Google, give weightage to the quality of links, instead of the quantity.
So if you get 20,000 links to your site in the beginning itself, they are definitely not natural.
To help newcomers acquire high quality links and build a diverse backlink portfolio for their clients naturally, we present a few link building strategies: 1) Internal linking- This is the first and the easiest strategy that most search engine optimisers implement in their link building task.
It refers to the links within the site itself.
This strategy helps in gaining authority on the search engine result page by helping search engine spiders find new content.
You save a lot of cost and time by using internal links for strengthening your search engine optimisation efforts.
2) Incorporate a blog within your website- If you setup a blog and post an article frequently, you can get several incoming links.
It allows you to grow the size of your website and keep the content fresh and updated.
Search engines, like Google, give higher preference to websites that are updated constantly and have something new to offer all the time, and a blog is a great way to offer new information about industry-specific issues.
3) Online directory submissions- There are numerous online business directories that allow businesses to get listed by submitting their business details.
Look for free SEO-free website directories that facilitate one-way link building for your website.
4) Social bookmarking- Some popular social bookmarking websites such as StumbleUpon, Reddit and Digg are a great source of one-way links if you submit high quality content in the form of blog posts.
It is a great way of getting top ranking on Google for short-term as well.
Bookmark all the relevant content as well as your website.
However, using too many social bookmarking sites can go against you.
So you must refrain from doing so.
5) Exchange links with reliable website- Link exchange is another great strategy that can facilitate your search engine optimisation efforts.
You must ensure that the websites with which you exchange your links are worthy of it, i.
they should be high quality and reliable websites that are related to your industry.
6) Social media- Social networking sites have come to aid for many businesses in so many ways, and link building is another such way.
Social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are some of the popular platforms that can be used to publicise your website.
Though they may not help in improving your page rank, it may help in building new contacts and links.
7) Link baiting- This is one of the most reliable and result-oriented strategy that can bring long-term results for your website.
It refers to the process of yielding incoming links with the help of quality and engaging content.
8) Online press release links- Posting newsworthy press release on popular PR websites can also help you in generating incoming links.
You must ensure that the quality of the PR is superior and worth reading by the users.